The Vienna International Centre (VIC)
The Vienna International Centre (VIC) or ‘UNO City’ was designed by the Austrian architect Johann Staber and inaugurated on 23 August 1979. It is located on the banks of the River Danube, only a 10 minute ride by underground (U-Bahn) to the city centre. The Austrian Government is leasing the building for 99 years to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and to the other United Nations and international organizations in Vienna at a symbolic rate of €0.07 per year.
In addition to the IAEA, the VIC accommodates other United Nations and international organizations, which are listed at the end of this booklet. The VIC comprises several buildings, labelled A to Q. Buildings A and B house the IAEA. Building M is the main conference building. Buildings D and E house UNOV, UNIDO, CTBTO and other UN entities, and buildings F and G house various IAEA support services such as the computer centre, the print shop, the medical centre and the library, as well as the VIC restaurant.
The official address of the IAEA is: International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna International Centre, PO Box 100, 1400 Vienna, Austria.